Each of the five LOVE DOES emphasis will have three possible DO mission opportunities for members of our congregation. Each person of First Baptist is encouraged to go deep by picking one of the five areas of brokenness and make a significant time and heart investment. Every emphasis will have three ways to be involved:
- The low involvement is a mission opportunity that everyone can participate.
- The medium involvement is a mission opportunity with a time commitment and deeper participation.
- The high involvement mission opportunity is an “all in” commitment to build relationships through a deeper time investment.
All items can be dropped off at the First Baptist Church Activities Center or the downtown Connector Building.
LEVEL 1: LOW INVOLVEMENT
- Purchase food items: OUR GOAL is 10,000 lbs. of food for Mother Hubbard’s Cupboard & Alderman’s Weekend
Backpack Food program
- Prepare a meal for Interfaith Hospitality homeless families once a quarter for one year (4 meals total)
- Donate to the Hunger Relief Offering- this year all the proceeds will be used locally
LEVEL 2: MEDIUM INVOLVEMENT
- Help cook & serve supper at Good Shepherd House one night a month for one year (12 times)
- Pick up donated food from local businesses for the Tuesday Night Feeding Ministry (weekly or monthly)
LEVEL 3: HIGH INVOLVEMENT
- Serve lunch once a week at the Good Shepherd House
- Deliver a meal once a week to a senior or veteran through Meals On Wheels
- Commit to sharing a meal around the table with our guests EVERY week during the Tuesday Night Feeding Ministry. Around the table you will have the opportunity to build relationships and show the unconditional love of Christ by learning the names and stories of homeless men and women each week.